Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let it Go

So this week was our church's fall kick-off, so we did things a little differently. At the end of service, we went outside to worship. After the first song, they told us that there was a table with index cards on it, and we were to write what was keeping us from God. So I God told me to go be one of the first people at the table, which was hard for me because I'm not the girl to go first. But I was one of the first ones over there and on the card I wrote,
*Shyness
*Fear
*Doubt
*Confusion
*My imagination
*A&A (Austin and Ally)
*YouTube
*MYSELF
I wrote shyness because it was holding me back from asking question and for help, so I wasn't growing. Fear because I afraid that I am not as good as everyone around me. Doubt because I didn't trust God that He could make my dreams reality. Confusion led me to just standing and not doing anything that could help. My imagination distracted me from school and sports and God. Austin and Ally and YouTube, while I love to watch, they easily distract me. And last myself, which always seem to get in the way.
So I wrote on my card, folded it in half and put it in my back pocket. When I got back to my spot, I closed my eyes, and I saw myself on a stage. I looked to the audience, and I saw Jesus in the front row. Then Jesus got up and walked toward me, until He was standing next to me.
Then the song that was playing ended, and the pastor said to take the cards and go throw them in the fire. I closed my eyes, and I saw Jesus with my card and He said "Take this and burn it. Don't let this stop you from achieving this." At that moment, the auditorium filled up with people. So I took my card out of my back pocket, and I walked over and threw it into the fire. As soon as I did that, a friend of mine stopped and asked how was I and the only thing I could say was great with a big smile.
When I got back to my spot, I closed my eyes I was with Jesus,and I saw myself on stage. It has been my dream to grow up and preform in front of people. When I burned the card with everything that was keeping me from God, I saw my dream come true. The last thing Jesus said before I opened my eyes was, "Remember all of this was done by me and for my glory." My dreams would not come true if Jesus wasn't behind it.

Matthew 6:19-21 says, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart will be also." If you let things of this world take importance over God, then you can be easily broken. The things of this world are only temporary, and they will disappear. But what God has in store for you is eternal. What thieves can steal and what moths and rust can destroy on earth, they can't touch in heaven. So are you going to let things of this world keep you from God and whats eternal, or all you going to let it go. 
So this is my challenge for you. Take an index card and write on it every thing holding you back from God. I could be one big thing, or a bunch of smaller things. Then take the card and get rid of it. If you have access to a fire then you can use that. If not then you can shred, or cut it up. How ever you can manage to destroy it, do it. Once you let go of what separating you and God, ask God to see what He can now do with your life. He has something amazing planned for you, and all you need to do is trust Him 100% of the time. So go on, take whatever is holding you back and let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment