Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Friends

Friends are people who stick with you through the good times and the bad. They are happy for you when you achieve something that you want. They also make sure you don't fall. But I feel that in today's society, many people make friends for their popularity or money. People also hide behind a mask, just to be friends with the most popular, or the richest person. I remember in fifth grade, everyone wanted to be my friend. Many of them figured that if they were my friend then if they did anything bad to me, I won't tell my mom. My mom back then was really strict and most everyone one was scared of her. It took me to get in a fight with some of them to find out the real reason they were my friends. Then in eighth grade, people became my friend because they wanted me to do their homework. Only my true friends help me when I need it.
I find it annoying that as soon as you don't match up their needs, most people ditch you for something bigger and better. Only a true friend will accept you for you. This is also true for boyfriends or girlfriends. You don't have to change yourself to fit into their mold. If they really love you, then they will accept you, including your flaws. You shouldn't have to put on a mask to impress anyone, because then those relationships aren't a true relationship. It is a relationship of lies and those fall and break easily. So I ask you to examine your friends and see if they are truly your friends or a bunch of phonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment