Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Working Together

At the movie theater where I work, one job that I am always asked to do on Saturday nights is lobby porter. In essence I keep the lobby clean for eight hours. It may not sound hard, but there is popcorn dropped every where as well as people spilling their sodas, and leaving their trash on the table. On most Saturday nights, there is always something to clean in the lobby, and you are always busy.

Now on the weekends there are two people assigned to this job because when we are busy, it is too much for one person to do. This weekend I was paired with a guy, and both of us are hard workers and we take good care of keeping the lobby clean. Once our manager found out that we were the ones who were going to be cleaning the lobby that night, he was ecstatic. One of his reason he was so happy was because he knew the entire lobby would be clean because we both are good at cleaning different parts.  I am good at making sure everything is stocked and that all the coke machines are working. My coworker is good at keeping the floors clean (which is my least favorite thing to do) and wiping down the tables.

This got me to thinking because many of us think that we can do it all. It can be anything from keeping the lobby clean to being able to raise kids on your own. We think that we can do it all, but it tunrs out time and time again that we need other people to come in and help.

I heard this quote one day in church and I wrote it in my Bible because it is so powerful and true. It is from Mother Teresa. "You can do something I can't do. I can do something you can't do. Together lets do something beautiful for God." I love this quote because it shows us how God made us to be unique in our abilities and that while we are unique, he wants us to rely on each other as we go throughout our lives.

So as you go through your week, don't be afraid to rely on other people for help in areas that you are weak in, because as the saying goes, two heads are always better than one.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the abilities you have given me Lord. Help me to use my ability in conjunction with other people and their abilities.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment