Saturday, October 22, 2016

Take The First Step

In my dorm, we have two staircases, and their designs are very interesting. When you start going up the steps, you can't see the top. They take a 90-degree turn right at the middle and the wall blocks your view from seeing the top. Yet we go up the stairs in confidence that the stairs will end and they will take us right where we need to be. You just start by taking on step at a time and then you reach the top.

The same thing happens with our faith. We are going up some stairs but we can't see the top. I say stairs because stairs can be hard to climb after a while and they can be intimidating, but if you keep working on it, you will reach the top. The stairs of our faith were designed by God, and they do lead where we need to go which is where God plans us to be. We just can't see the top of the stairs and see where we end up. All we have to do is take that first step and we are closer at reaching where we are going. Going one step at a time makes the journey less scary than if we were to look at it all at once. So today, I encourage you to take that first step and see where this staircase leads.

Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you for walking with us every step that we take. Help me to trust you in each step I take and not worry about where I end up, because I know the designer of the staircase built it to lead me where I need to go. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment