Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Trust in Jesus

Many of us have someone in our lives we trust, whether it is a teacher, a family member, or a closer friend. But what if all those things went away, who would you trust.  The things of this world that we trust will either let us down or one day they would be gone. But there is one thing that you can always trust no matter what happens. Psalm 25:1 says, “In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.” When you give up control of your life then who knows what can happen. God can do great things with ordinary people. Look at David; he was a shepherd boy watching over the sheep.  He trusted in the Lord, and he ended up becoming a king. Who knows what you can become when you place your trust in Jesus. 
And when you place your trust in Jesus, you can feel confident that he is not going to forget you because it is said, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11) We can put our hope in God with our trust because God knows the plans he has for you. While the other people you trust don’t know how your life is going to end, and who you will be, and what you will do, but God does. He already knows all about you, and he knows what you will do in your life. He knows what college you will go to, who you will marry, where you will live, the job you will have, and so much more.
You may not do anything about what your life will be, but all you need to do is ask. Matthew 7:7 says, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” If you ask God, he will answer. It may not always be obvious, and sometimes you have to listen real closely to hear it, but he will answer you. It may not always be the answer you want, but it is the answer that is needed to fulfill God’s plan for you.
Know after all I just said, I know how difficult it is to trust God. We all have so many questions we want to be answered the way we want them answered. We think we already have our lives planned out, but God has something different in mind. It is difficult, and it takes constant reminder whether that is daily, or even hourly that God is in control of everything and you can trust him with every aspect of your life. 

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the control you have in my life. I trust you and your plans for I know they are the best for me. Lord, I know I will have times of doubt, but help me work through those doubts to develop a deeper trust. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment