Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Necklace-Part One

This week has been amazing. It has been so amazing that I'm breaking it up into three posts. It all started with my Theory of Knowledge class. We had an assignment for our art unit when we had to bring in a favorite piece of art, that we either made or we admired. As soon as our teacher said this, I immediately thought of a new design for I necklace. So I went home that night, and made it. It wasn't exactly how I envisioned it in my mind. That weekend I went shopping with my family at Hobby Lobby and I found the perfect piece that would tie my necklace up nicely. Later I went home and redid the necklace, and it turned put perfect. 



Now there is a story with the necklace. In a nut shell, it is kinda my testimony. I made it so that you “read” the necklace like you read a book. From the left the beads are black, representing how dark it was before I had a true relationship with Christ. The beginning of the relationship is represented by the cross. As you continue to the right side, you see that the necklace has more strands to it and it is very colorful. This represents the hope I know have and how my life has been so much more then I could expect, and I’m only 17. Imagine what can happen in the future with God’s help. Every time that the necklace breaks out to three strands, the colors, or the shapes of the beads are different, that represents how my life is never going to be the same twice in a row, and God has something for me around every turn.


Over the course of this week, I challenge you to think of someway that represents you, that could help you tell your testimony. Mark 5:19 says, “Jesus did not let him, but said, ‘Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.”  God wants us to tell people how he has impacted our lives through our testimony. We all have a story, and there is someone out there that can relate, and by that relationship you are able to show God’s love to that person. So take time this week to come up with a way to share your testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment