Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Trust in Jesus

I saw the cutest post on Facebook and I had to write about it. In it there is Jesus and a girl. The girl is holding a teddy bear about the size of her hand. Jesus is holding the same teddy bear but this one is the size of the girl. He is holding it behind his back so the girl would have to trust him. Jesus is saying “Just trust me, and the girl is saying, “But I like it.” The girl doesn't want to give up her bear because she likes it and it is comforting, but she doesn't know how much more she would like the bear behind Jesus’ back. We have all stumbled upon a time where Jesus asked us to do something, but we didn't want to do it because it would be leaving our comfort zone, but we can’t see what Jesus has in store for us. Jesus only wants what is best for us. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jesus isn't standing there will something behind his back that will hurt you. He is standing there will something that you need, you just have to trust him before you can get it. I know that it is scary, and that it is hard sometimes to leave your comfort zone, but when you do trust God amazing things can happen. I challenge you to think about a part of your life that you are controlling, and give it to God and trust that he can do amazing things with it. He might just surprise you with what he can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment